Dean Mead’s Tax Department handles tax planning issues for businesses and individuals. The attorneys in our department have extensive experience in a full range of…
Copyrights protect original works of authorship, whether those may be software programs, photographs of fashion models, website text, architectural drawings, or even a list of warning signs for doctors to diagnose mental illness. Dean Mead has handled claims of infringement with regard to all of these. We enforce rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and have handled “John Doe” subpoenas to learn the identities of anonymous infringers. We have represented website hosting services that are required to protect the identity of their customers, as well as local restaurants whose menus were allegedly too similar to those of their competitors. Whether you are bringing or defending a copyright related claim, our attorneys can help.
- Successfully defended federal copyright lawsuit brought by Florida surgeon against Utah-based company that offered marketing services for surgeons nationwide.
- Successfully prosecuted case of copyright infringement against home builder on the east coast of Florida that improperly obtained designs from draftsman and used them to build luxury residences.
- Obtained the prompt removal of a number of copyright-protected modeling photos from websites.
- Obtained temporary restraining order in federal court to prevent a flight simulator from improperly showing client’s products in a booth at a trade show.
- Defended pediatric practice that was playing copyright-protected animated motion pictures in patient waiting areas.
- Researched multiple copyright issues involved in claim brought by local go-cart attraction alleging that a competing attraction used the same or similar go-kart track.
- Defended large investment advisor group against claims of having installed software on more computers than allowable under volume license agreements.
- Defended claims by rival family entertainment center that certain trampoline designs were protected and constituted copyright infringement.
- Successfully removed photos of high-profile physician’s mansion from a popular website.
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.