Bringing Client Goals to Fruition with Substantial Relationships and Deep Knowledge Our Government Relations & Lobbying team blends strong knowledge with impactful relationships. In fact,…
About Marc D. Chapman
Marc Chapman is the President of Dean Mead and a shareholder in the litigation department. He focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation including banking, construction, real estate, commercial landlord/tenant and probate litigation as well as creditors’ rights, creditor bankruptcy litigation and non-compete/trade secret enforcement.
Represented several national financial institutions and national insurance companies in disputes involving lender liability, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, foreclosures, and collections.
Handled numerous injunction proceedings to enforce and defend non-compete agreements and trade secret protection statutes.
- The Florida Bar: Board of Governors/ Young Lawyers Section - Former Member
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Inc. - Fellow
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee - Former Member
- J.D.: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1989: Chairman, Moot Court Team
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, with honors, 1986
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the Orlando Litigation - Trusts and Estates “Lawyer of the Year” in 2017, 2019, 2021, and 2023
- Named an Outstanding Trusts and Estates, Real Estate and Construction Litigation Attorney in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013-2023
- Recognized by Florida Trend magazine as one of the 2019 Orlando Region “People to Know”
- Selected in Orlando Family Magazine’s 2019 Readers’ Choice survey as one of the leading lawyers for Commercial and Civil Litigation
- Named one of Orlando's Best Lawyers by Orlando Magazine, 2015-2019
- Martindale-Hubbell: Preeminent AV Rating
- Represented large commercial landlords in virtually every aspect of lease enforcement and tenant litigation.
- Represented national residential builder in breach of contract, easement, and fraud litigation.
- Represented national oil company in declaratory relief, recorded declaration, and development litigation.
- Prosecuted and defended cases involving a wide variety of subjects including business contracts, corporate/partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, employment contracts, probate, trust and will disputes, declaratory actions, and commercial torts.
- Defended national real estate holding company in breach of real estate contract and fraudulent inducement claims.
- Handled appeals before Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeals.
- "Need business litigation advice? Here's why Marc Chapman is your guy", Orlando Business Journal, August 29, 2014
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.