Bringing Client Goals to Fruition with Substantial Relationships and Deep Knowledge Our Government Relations & Lobbying team blends strong knowledge with impactful relationships. In fact,…
About Timothy W. Sobczak
Tim Sobczak is a Shareholder in Dean Mead’s Orlando Litigation Department. Tim has handled a variety of complex civil litigation matters, including contract and business disputes, real estate contracts, property disputes, trade secrets, and non-compete agreements, landlord and tenant litigation, and trusts and estates litigation.
Throughout Tim’s practice, he has focused on presenting his client’s strongest case, including at trial and on appeal. He has tried dozens of trials and evidentiary hearings and takes pride in aggressively advocating for his clients.
Tim is Board Certified in Business Litigation by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization, which recognizes his special knowledge, skills, proficiency, and professionalism in his commercial litigation practice. Board certification is Florida’s official, independent determination of a lawyer’s expertise to practice in a specialty field of law. It is the gold standard for Florida lawyers, representing a recognition by a lawyer’s peers that they have attained a level of professional expertise in their chosen fields. It requires demonstration of courtroom experience, written recommendations of judges and opposing counsel, and successfully completing a comprehensive examination.
Received judgment voiding a last will and testament pursuant to undue influence after 3-day trial.
Defended defense contractor in commercial lease dispute and dismissed plaintiff’s claims for alleged violation of lease after plaintiff’s presentation of its case at trial.
- Member, Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee
- The Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Young Professionals Advisory Council
- Varsity Knights, University of Central Florida
- Sarasota County Bar Association – 2010-2013
- Judge John M. Scheb, American Inn of Court – 2012-2013
- J.D.: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, May 2010 - Assistant Special Works Editor, Florida Law Review
- J.D.: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, May 2010 - Member, Order of the Coif
- Undergraduate Degree: B.S., University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, August 2005 - Team Captain - NCAA Division I Men's Soccer
- Board Certified in Business Litigation by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
- Kirk Pinkerton, P.A., Sarasota, Florida, 2010-2013
- “Attaching Reason, Not Documents, to Rule 1.130,” co-author, Florida Bar Journal, April 2015
- “Succeeding in Florida’s Small Claims Courts Without a Lawyer,” co-author, Create Space Independent Publishing Platform (2014)
- "It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over: The Common Law Exception to the Right of Voluntary Dismissal of Civil Actions,” co-author, Florida Bar Journal, January 2012
- “The Consent-Once-Removed Doctrine: The Constitutionality Of Passing Consent From An Informant To Law Enforcement,” 62 Fla. L. Rev. 493 (2010)
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Orlando City Soccer Foundation - Board of Directors
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.