Marc D. ChapmanShareholder
Mr. Chapman is the President of Dean Mead and a shareholder in the litigation department. He focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation including banking, construction, real estate, commercial landlord/tenant and probate litigation as well as creditors’ rights, creditor bankruptcy litigation and non-compete/trade secret enforcement.
Additional Representative Experience
- Represented several national financial institutions and national insurance companies in disputes involving lender liability, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, foreclosures, and collections.
- Handled numerous injunction proceedings to enforce and defend non-compete agreements and trade secret protection statutes.
- Represented large commercial landlords in virtually every aspect of lease enforcement and tenant litigation.
- Represented national residential builder in breach of contract, easement, and fraud litigation.
- Represented national oil company in declaratory relief, recorded declaration, and development litigation.
- Prosecuted and defended cases involving a wide variety of subjects including business contracts, corporate/partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, employment contracts, probate, trust and will disputes, declaratory actions, and commercial torts.
- Defended national real estate holding company in breach of real estate contract and fraudulent inducement claims.
- Handled appeals before Florida’s Fifth District Court of Appeals.
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar
- Board of Governors/ Young Lawyers Section - Former Member
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Inc. - Fellow
- Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee - Former Member
- J.D.: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, 1989
- Chairman, Moot Court Team
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, with honors, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
Recognition & Awards
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® as the 2017 Litigation - Trusts and Estates “Lawyer of the Year” in Orlando
- Named an Outstanding Trusts and Estates, Real Estate and Construction Litigation Attorney in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013-2018
- Named one of Orlando's Best Lawyers by Orlando Magazine, 2015-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell: Preeminent AV Rating
"Need business litigation advice? Here's why Marc Chapman is your guy", Orlando Business Journal, August 29, 2014
- Chambers USA 2018 Recognizes Six Dean Mead Attorneys for Legal Excellence
- 15 Dean Mead Attorneys Recognized Among Orlando’s Best Lawyers®
- Five Strategies for Mentoring the Next Generation in i4 Business Magazine
- Marc Chapman Quoted in OBJ on Challenges Posed by Technology
- Attorneys Visit Florida Trend to Talk Issues Impacting Businesses Around the State
- Why Am I Paying More Property Tax If The Value of My House Decreased?