Claudia Haines JonesShareholder
Office: Viera / Melbourne
Ms. Jones is the managing shareholder of the firm’s Viera/Melbourne office. As a business lawyer, she represents commercial enterprises in their day-to-day operations and organic growth and development. She counsels owners and executives on their legal duties and relationships, including governance issues, shareholder agreements and buy-sell agreements. She negotiates significant commercial transactions across a broad spectrum that includes financing, acquisitions, mergers, investments, divestitures, key commercial contracts, loan workouts and employment agreements.
Ms. Jones advises physicians on the unique legal issues associated with conducting business as a physician practice, including employment and non-competition agreements and contracting issues with other health care entities and medical professionals. Ms. Jones represents the Medical Staff at Holmes Regional Medical Center.
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Health Law Section
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Economic Development Commission of Florida’s Space Coast - Chair of Finance and Governance Council, Member, Executive Committee
- Juris Doctorate Degree: University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida, cum laude, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics: Principia College, Elsah, Illinois, with Honors, 1981
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
Prior Legal Experience
- Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Levitt Corporation, Fort Lauderdale, FL (previously NYSE: LEV)
- General Counsel to XL Vision, Inc., a technology incubator, Melbourne, FL
- Corporate Securities Attorney for Berger Singerman, P.A., Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Corporate Securities Attorney for Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP, Miami, FL
Prior Business Experience
Ms. Jones was the chief corporate foreign currency trader at Wall Street investment banks prior to earning her law degree. In those positions she advised Fortune 100 companies on foreign currency risk management, hedging and execution timing of market transactions. In more than a decade of institutional sales and trading, she developed an expertise in foreign currency derivatives and other complex financial instruments.
Recognition & Awards
Honored as the recipient of the “2012 Outstanding Business Leader of the Year”, Nathan M. Bisk College of Business, Florida Institute of Technology
- Florida’ s Revised Limited Liability Company Act, Brevard Zoo, Viera, FL, November 6, 2014
- Moderator for the Florida TechXpo Manufacturing Luncheon, Midair USA Production Facility, Melbourne, FL, October 3, 2014
- Health Reform and the Affordable Care Act: Is Your Business Prepared for the New Normal? Moderator for Dean Mead’s Brevard Business Briefings seminar, Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place, Melbourne, FL, May 21, 2013
- Creating Business and Social Value Through Corporate Social Responsibility, Florida Institute of Technology’s 2013 Ethics and Leadership Conference, April 16, 2013, Melbourne, FL
- Legal Considerations for Small Business, presented to the Brevard Community College Small Business Development Center, Melbourne, FL
- Workshop for new business owners: Prepared program materials for aerospace workers transitioning from Cape Canaveral following the termination of NASA’s Space Shuttle program. Led workshops on the legal issues facing new businesses and their owners. The workshop was part of the Entrepreneurial Training Services program jointly sponsored by Florida Institute of Technology’s Nathan M. Bisk College of Business and Brevard Workforce.
- Claudia Haines Jones Leads Growing Dean Mead Viera Practice
- Dean Mead Viera Attorneys profiled in Space Coast Business
- Dean Mead’s Viera Office Commemorates Silver Anniversary with Gift to Florida Tech.
- What You Should Know about the New Limited Liability Company Act
- Estate Planning Team Hosts “Asset Protection 2013 Update Seminar” in Orlando and Viera
- Panel Discussion about the Affordable Care Act Kicks Off Brevard Business Briefings in Melbourne