Claudia Haines JonesOf Counsel
Office: Viera / Melbourne
Ms. Haines Jones is a business lawyer representing commercial enterprises in their operation, organic growth and development. She counsels owners and executives on their legal duties and responsibilities. She negotiates significant commercial transactions across a broad spectrum that includes financing, acquisitions, mergers, investments, divestitures, key commercial contracts, loan workouts and employment agreements.
Within the local business community, Ms. Haines Jones has developed a niche practice advising physicians on the legal issues unique to their ownership and operation, including shareholder agreements, buy/sell agreements, employment and non-competition agreements and their relationships between and among health care entities and other medical professionals. She is the past chair of the firm’s Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry Team.
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Health Law Section
- Brevard County Bar Association
- Economic Development Commission of Floridaâ€™s Space Coast
- Juris Doctorate Degree: University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida, cum laude, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics: Principia College, Elsah, Illinois, with Honors, 1981
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Prior Legal Experience
- Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Levitt Corporation, Fort Lauderdale, FLÂ (previously NYSE: LEV)
- General Counsel to XL Vision, Inc., a technology incubator, Melbourne, FL
- Corporate Securities Attorney for Berger Singerman, P.A., Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Corporate Securities Attorney for Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, LLP, Miami, FL
Prior Business Experience
Ms. Haines JonesÂ was the chief corporate trader at Wall Street investment banks prior to earning her law degree.Â In those positions she advised Fortune 100 companies on international currency flows and their impact on revenues and balance sheets. In more than a decade of institutional sales and trading, Ms. Haines Jones developed an expertise in foreign currency derivatives and other complex financial instruments that enabled her to counsel her clients on foreign currency risk management.
Recognition & Awards
Honored as the recipient of the 2012 Outstanding Business Leader of the Year, Florida Institute of Technology
Legal Considerations for Small Business, presented to the Brevard Community College Small Business Development Center
Legal Workshop: Prepared program materials and led workshops on the legal issues facing new businesses and their owners. The workshop was part of the Entrepreneurial Training Services program sponsored by Florida Institute of Technologyâ€™s College of Business and Brevard Workforce. The participants were aerospace workers transitioning from Cape Canaveral following the termination of NASAâ€™s Space Shuttle program.