Timothy W. SobczakShareholder
Tim Sobczak is a Shareholder in Dean Mead’s Orlando Litigation Department. He focuses his practice in a variety of general civil litigation matters, including contract and business disputes, real estate litigation, landlord and tenant litigation, trusts and estates litigation and construction litigation.
- Obtained judgment after trial against an international technology development company for breach of a distributor agreement; affirmed on appeal (Orange County, Florida).
- Obtained million dollar judgment after a three-day trial against a practice administrator for theft and breach of fiduciary duties (Orange County, Florida).
- Obtained deficiency judgment after trial against borrowers after repossession of a multi-million dollar aircraft (Palm Beach County, Florida).
- Obtained judgment after trial against neighboring property owner regarding boundary dispute (Pasco County, Florida).
- Represented beverage and food processing automation company in multi-million dollar shareholder dispute and potential derivative action (Seminole County, Florida).
- Obtained judgment of foreclosure of multi-million dollar commercial property after trial and defended allegations of usury; affirmed on appeal (Orange County, Florida).
- Represented beneficiaries in achieving favorable settlement after challenging a will for undue influence and lack of testamentary capacity in large estate (Lake County, Florida).
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Young Professionals Advisory Council
- Varsity Knights, University of Central Florida
- Sarasota County Bar Association – 2010-2013
- Judge John M. Scheb, American Inn of Court – 2012-2013
Charitable and Pro Bono Service
Orlando City Soccer Foundation - Board of Directors
- J.D.: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, May 2010
- Assistant Special Works Editor, Florida Law Review
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Undergraduate Degree: B.S., University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, August 2005
- Team Captain - NCAA Division I Men's Soccer
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
Prior Legal Experience
Kirk Pinkerton, P.A., Sarasota, Florida, 2010-2013
- “Attaching Reason, Not Documents, to Rule 1.130,” co-author, Florida Bar Journal, April 2015
- “Succeeding in Florida’s Small Claims Courts Without a Lawyer,” co-author, Create Space Independent Publishing Platform (2014)
- "It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over: The Common Law Exception to the Right of Voluntary Dismissal of Civil Actions,” co-author, Florida Bar Journal, January 2012.
- “The Consent-Once-Removed Doctrine: The Constitutionality Of Passing Consent From An Informant To Law Enforcement,” 62 Fla. L. Rev. 493 (2010).