Office: Viera / Melbourne
Joseph Crawford represents clients in both complex and ordinary disputes with a focus on excellence, steadfast dedication to the client’s needs and desires, and unwavering attention to detail. Within Dean Mead’s litigation practice, Joe represents clients across a wide variety of industries including healthcare, information technology, construction, retailers and manufacturers, lawn and landscape, and pest control. He represents clients in both state and federal court and focuses his practice on contract claims, construction defect matters, shareholder disputes, fraudulent transfer actions, non-competition and restrictive covenant enforcement, real property disputes, and landlord/tenant matters. He also represents insureds and insurance companies in coverage related matters, and has successfully litigated securities matters, to include FINRA arbitration proceedings.
Joe attended the University of Central Florida where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. He earned his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, magna cum laude, obtaining several book awards while in law school.
- Dedicated nearly 100 hours in pro bono legal services for a young man who unexpectedly lost his father, challenging the personal representatives apportionment of the wrongful death proceeds to his client. After an evidentiary hearing, the probate Court awarded Joe’s pro bono client a multiple of what the personal representative was proposing.
Charitable and Pro Bono Service
- The C.A.M.P. Haiti, Inc. (CAMP)
- Board of Directors - Member
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Represented indigent tenants on a pro bono basis; handled all manner of residential landlord/tenant disputes including rental conditions lawsuits and eviction matters
- Juris Doctor: University of Florida Levin College of Law, magna cum laude - May 2016
- Book Awards honored in: Legal Drafting, Employment Discrimination Law, Advanced Constitutional Law
- Order of the Coif
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science: University of Central Florida, June 2013
- Federal and State Courts in Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Prior Legal Experience
- Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP, Jacksonville, Florida, 2015-2021
- Dean, Ringers, Morgan & Lawton, P.A., Orlando, Florida, 2015
- Infinite Energy, Gainesville, Florida, 2014-2016