Amanda L. GovinAssociate
Amanda Govin practices in the firm’s Tax department. She focuses on tax planning issues and works on matters involving all types of business entities, such as LLCs, S and C corporations, and partnerships. In addition, she assists charitable and other not-for-profit organizations.
Ms. Govin attended University of Central Florida where she received her Bachelors of Science in Legal Studies, with a minor in Crime, Law, and Deviance.
Ms. Govin earned her law degree from Stetson University College of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude. After completion of her first year, Ms. Govin was asked to join the Stetson Law Review, where she served as an Associate and Assistant Marketing Editor. During law school, Ms. Govin earned Stetson’s Highest Grade Designation in Civil Procedure, White Collar Crime, and Interviewing and Counseling. Also during law school, Ms. Govin interned for the Honorable Elizabeth A. Kovachevich, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
Ms. Govin has a Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of Florida, where she served as Student Editor of the Florida Tax Review.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Orange County Bar Association – Member
- Florida Bar Tax Section – Member
Charitable and Pro Bono Service
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
- Volunteer Marketing Intern with A Gift for Teaching
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation: University of Florida Levin College of Law, May 2020
- Student Editor, Florida Tax Review, 2020
- Juris Doctor: Stetson University College of Law, Magna Cum Laude, May 2019
- Dean’s List Recipient: Fall 2016; Spring 2017; Spring 2018.
- Stetson Law Review, Associate & Assistant Marketing Editor
- Research Assistant to Professor Susan Rozelle
- Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies: University of Central Florida, May 2016
Recognition & Awards
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, Florida Tax Review Student Editor Full Tuition Scholarship Recipient 2019-2020
- C.A.L.I. Excellence for the Future Award in U.S. International Taxation, Fall 2019
- Stetson Law Highest Grade Designations in Civil Procedure, White Collar Crime, & Interviewing and Counseling
- Stetson University College of Law Academic Scholarship Recipient 2016-2019
The War on Florida's Water: Will [TAX ON] Oil and Water Finally Mix?, The Florida Bar Tax Section Bulletin - Fall 2020 Issue