Alexander L. Van HeydeShareholder
Mr. Van Heyde is a member of the Real Estate department in Orlando. His practice focuses on complex commercial real estate transactions, including leasing, land development and financing. He has extensive experience representing owners and developers in the acquisition, development, and disposition of real estate, including mixed-use, industrial and multi-tenant retail projects. Van Heyde also frequently represents lenders and borrowers in negotiating, structuring and documenting real estate acquisition, development and construction financing, as well as working capital and general corporate loans.
Additional Representative Experience
- Represented owner of condominium building in the sale of various high-end condominium units.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of various franchise restaurant development sites throughout the State of Florida.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of a mixed-use multi-tenant retail center in Central Florida.
- Represented buyer as local counsel in the acquisition of a 200 room hotel in Central Florida.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of a multi-tenant distribution center in Central Florida.
- Represented various buyers in the acquisition of single tenant investment properties.
- Represented seller in the sale of a multi-tenant office building in North Florida.
- Represented seller in the sale and leaseback of a multi-tenant distribution center in South Florida.
- Represented various sellers in the sale of single tenant investment properties.
- Represented landlord of a mixed-use multi-tenant retail center in lease negotiations with various retail tenants.
- Represented landlord of a multi-tenant office building in lease negotiations with various commercial tenants.
- Represented landlord of a multi-tenant medical office building in lease negotiations with various professional tenants.
- Represented landlord of a multi-tenant distribution center in lease negotiations with various industrial tenants.
- Represented tenant in the negotiation of a build to suit lease for a 150,000 sq. ft. industrial building.
- Represented tenant in the negotiation of a lease for a 100,000 sq. ft. distribution center.
- Represented lender in the negotiation and documentation of various asset-based credit facilities, including a transaction involving credit facilities totaling $18MM to a large franchisee borrower.
- Represented borrower in the negotiation and documentation of a $3MM credit facility for the acquisition of a company.
- Represented borrower as local counsel in the documentation of a multi-state transaction secured by Florida real property.
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar - Member
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association - Member
- Real Property Committee
- CREW Orlando - Member
- Programs Committee
- Secure Finance Network (Orlando Chapter) - Member
- Downtown Orlando Partnership - Board of Directors
- Leadership Orlando Graduate, Class 93
- Leadership Ocala/Marion Class XXVII
- Juris Doctor: The University of Florida Levin College of Law, cum laude, Gainesville, Florida, 2013
- Florida Law Review - Research Editor
- Graduate Degree: Masters of Business Administration, with honors, Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, 2010
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, Stetson University, Deland, Florida, 2005
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida