Bringing Client Goals to Fruition with Substantial Relationships and Deep Knowledge Our Government Relations & Lobbying team blends strong knowledge with impactful relationships. In fact,…
About Vicki L. Berman
Ms. Berman has been with Dean Mead since 1984 and specializes in commercial real estate transactions. During that time, she has represented buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, borrowers and lenders, investors, brokers, developers, and consultants in a wide variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions. She has significant expertise in all aspects of leasing transactions, including office, retail and industrial. She also leads the team which represents the firm’s largest client, a major Florida landowner, and has handled several significant transactions for the purchase and sale of real estate, including several 1031 transactions.
In addition, Ms. Berman has been and is involved in several professional and civic organizations including Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) of which she has been a member since 1996 and has served on the Board of Directors and chaired and served on several committees over the years. In addition, she serves as an original member of the Board of Trustees for the OnePulse Foundation and the immediate past chair of the Design and Construction Committee tasked with designing and constructing both the Interim Memorial and Permanent Memorial and Museum.
She graduated from the University of Florida in 1981 with a degree in English and from Duke University School of Law in 1984.
- The Florida Bar - Real Property, Probate and Tax Law Section
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Inc. - Fellow
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) - Member (since 1996); Board of Directors (Future Leaders, 2014 & 2015)
- OnePulse Foundation – Board of Trustee; immediate past chair of the Design and Construction Committee
- J.D.: Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, 1984
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts (English), University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1981
- CREW Orlando "Outstanding Network Achievement", November 4, 2016
- CREW Orlando "Outstanding Achievement" in recognition of her sustained and devoted efforts in the development of the Future Leaders group, November 12, 2015
- CREW Orlando Award in recognition and appreciation for contributions to CREW for 25 years
- National CREW “Impact Award” recognizing her efforts in Member-to-Member Business within the CREW organization, October 10, 2013
- Outstanding Lawyer, The Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2022
- Orlando's Best Lawyers in Real Estate Law, Orlando Magazine, 2013 - 2022
- Top Leasing Attorney, Orlando Life Magazine, 2013
- Networking Deal of the Year for a client's 1031 Exchange, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Orlando Chapter, November 9, 2012
- Martindale Hubbell: Preeminent AV Rating
- "Fund Assembly on Principles of Commercial Leasing" (2015 and 2016)
- “Best Practices in Public Speaking”, BOMA Leadership Class, October 2014
- “Ecommerce and Omnichannel”, CREW Program Moderator, panel discussion, June 2014
- “Bad Boys or Good Guys: Which Are You? New Issues in Non-Recourse Carve Out Guaranties”, Dr. P. Phillips School of Real Estate Council, Orlando, Florida, October 2, 2013
- “Success Tips You Can Use to Master the Art of Negotiation”, Dean Mead’s Commercial Leasing Seminar, September 19 and September 25, 2013, Melbourne and Orlando, Florida.
- "Tax Aspects of Debt Modification”, ALFA International 2012 Retail – Real Estate Seminar, June 2013 in West Palm Beach, Florida
- "Best Practices in Public Speaking”, CREW Orlando Chapter, 2011 and 2013
- “Protecting Owners from Liens and Liabilities”, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). 2012 Florida Legislative Update, September 11, 2012, Melbourne, Florida.
- “Launching into the Future: Redevelopment of the Space Coast”, CREW Program Moderator, panel discussion, April, 2011
- “Leasing”, CREW Program Moderator, panel discussion, May, 2008
- Dean Mead's Real Estate and Lending Blog: New Issues in Non-Recourse Carve-Out Guarantees, October 2 2013
- Dean Mead's Real Estate and Lending Blog: Co-authored Sales Tax Updates, 2010 - 2011
- Quoted in “OnePULSE Foundation launches 'ideas generator' in next step toward memorial and museum,” Orlando Sentinel, July 17, 2018
- Interviewed in “OnePULSE Foundation announces ideas generator to honor victims,” WKMG News 6 Orlando, July 17, 2018
- Quoted in “Yo-Yo Ma Performs With String Quintet at Opening of Interim Memorial for Pulse Nightclub Shooting,” Billboard, May 17, 2018
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.