Dean Mead’s Tax Department handles tax planning issues for businesses and individuals. The attorneys in our department have extensive experience in a full range of…
About Vicki L. Berman
Vicki Berman has been with the firm for 36 years. During that time, she has represented buyers and sellers, landlords and tenants, borrowers and lenders, investors, brokers, developers and consultants in a wide variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions. She has significant expertise in all aspects of leasing transactions, including office, retail and industrial. She also leads the team which represents the firm’s largest client, a major Florida landowner, and has handled several significant transactions for the purchase and sale of real estate, including several 1031 transactions.
In addition, Vicki is involved in a number of professional and civic organizations including Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) of which she has been a member since 1996 and has served on the Board of Directors and chaired and served on a number of committees over the years. She presently serves on the 2019 Host Committee for the 2019 National Convention to be held in Orlando, Florida. In addition, she serves as a member of the Board of Trustees and the Executive Committee for the onePULSE Foundation, and chairs the Design and Construction Committee tasked with designing and constructing both the Interim Memorial and the Permanent Memorial and Museum.
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.
- The Florida Bar - Real Property, Probate and Tax Law Section
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Inc. - Fellow
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) - Member (since 1996); Board of Directors (Future Leaders, 2014 & 2015)
- OnePulse Foundation – Member of the Board of Trustees
- J.D.: Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina, 1984
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1980
- Presented with the CREW Orlando Economic and Community Involvement Award for the Pulse Interim Memorial, 2018
- Presented with the CREW Orlando "Outstanding Network Achievement" award, November 4, 2016
- Presented with the CREW Orlando "Outstanding Achievement" award in recognition of her sustained and devoted efforts in the development of the Future Leaders group, November 12, 2015
- Presented with CREW Orlando Award in recognition and appreciation for contributions to CREW over the past 15 years
- Presented with the National CREW “Impact Award” recognizing her efforts in Member to Member Business within the CREW organization, October 10, 2013
- Honored for the “Networking Deal of the Year” for a client’s 1031 Exchange, by the Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Orlando Chapter, November 9, 2012
- Named an Outstanding Lawyer in The Best Lawyers in America, 2012-2023
- Named one of Orlando's Best Lawyers in Real Estate Law by Orlando Magazine, 2013 - 2019
- Recognized as the Top Leasing Attorney in Orlando Life Magazine, 2013
- Martindale Hubbell: Preeminent AV Rating
- Fund Assembly on Principles of Commercial Leasing (2015 and 2016)
- BOMA Leadership Class “Best Practices in Public Speaking”, October, 2014
- CREW Program Moderator on a panel discussion on the topic of “Ecommerce and Omnichannel”, June, 2014
- Dr. P. Phillips School of Real Estate Council on “Bad Boys or Good Guys: Which Are You? New Issues in Non-Recourse Carve Out Guaranties”, Orlando, Florida, October 2, 2013
- Dean Mead’s Commercial Leasing Seminar: “Success Tips You Can Use to Master the Art of Negotiation”, September 19 and September 25, 2013 in Melbourne and Orlando, Florida.
- "Tax Aspects of Debt Modification” at the ALFA International 2012 Retail – Real Estate Seminar, June 2013 in West Palm Beach, Florida
- CREW Orlando Chapter "Best Practices in Public Speaking”, 2011 and 2013
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) on “Protecting Owners from Liens and Liabilities”, 2012 Florida Legislative Update, September 11, 2012 in Melbourne, Florida.
- CREW Program Moderator on a panel discussion on the topic of “Launching into the Future: Redevelopment of the Space Coast”, April, 2011
- CREW Program Moderator on a panel discussion on the topic of “Leasing”, May, 2008
- Quoted in “OnePULSE Foundation launches 'ideas generator' in next step toward memorial and museum,” Orlando Sentinel, July 17, 2018
- Interviewed in “OnePULSE Foundation announces ideas generator to honor victims,” WKMG News 6 Orlando, July 17, 2018
- Quoted in “Yo-Yo Ma Performs With String Quintet at Opening of Interim Memorial for Pulse Nightclub Shooting,” Billboard, May 17, 2018