Bringing Client Goals to Fruition with Substantial Relationships and Deep Knowledge Our Government Relations & Lobbying team blends strong knowledge with impactful relationships. In fact,…
About Miranda M. Weiss
A member of the firm’s Estate and Succession Planning Practice Area, Miranda’s practice focuses on estate planning, estate and trust administration, and estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning.
She is recognized for her experience researching and analyzing complex tax and estate planning issues, for advising and assisting clients with probate avoidance and tax efficient distribution of assets, including the transfer of closely held business interests. Miranda guides clients throughout the estate planning process and works closely with them to craft individualized wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare documents. Miranda also represents fiduciaries throughout the estate and trust administration process, including the preparation and filing of federal gift and estate tax returns.
Miranda M. Weiss News & Insights
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section
- The Florida Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Freedom Waters Foundation – Past Board Member
- Collier County Bar Association
- Collier County Women's Bar Association - Board Member, 2021 – Present
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Taxation: University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2017
- J.D.: University of Florida, cum laude, 2016
- Florida Law Review, Executive Notes and Comments Editor, Research Editor
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science, Public Relations, University of Florida, summa cum laude, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch”, Trusts and Estates, 2022 - 2024
- Book Awards, Trusts & Estates and Florida Law Review
- Accomplished Research Award, Florida Law Review
- “The Circle of Trust: The Use of the Florida Directed Trust Act to Keep Business Decisions in Your Circle” - The Florida Bar Tax Section, September 2023, Co-presenter (Presentation)
- Perschel & Spurgeon, Federal Taxation of Trusts, Grantors & Beneficiaries (Third Edition), Annual Updates (2017 – Present)
- The New Florida Directed Trust Act, August 17, 2021
- The Tax Consideration for Marital Agreements, Commentator, Volume XXXII, No. 1 (Fall 2018)
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.