Dean Mead’s Estate and Succession Planning Department is one of the largest and most respected groups of estate planning attorneys in Florida. We are frequently…
About Michaela N. Kirn
Michaela practices in the firm’s litigation department. She handles a variety of complex matters, including cases involving construction defects, property rights, employment-related issues, commercial landlord/tenant matters, and other business disputes.
Her most recent victories include obtaining a seven-figure settlement on behalf of a world-renowned surgeon in a wrongful termination case against a national healthcare organization. Michaela was also second chair in a four-day defamation jury trial where she helped obtain a verdict on behalf of her client, a national car wash company, against a viral social media influencer with millions of online followers.
Michaela attended the University of Central Florida where she received her Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies and a minor in Public Administration. While at UCF, Michaela spent a semester in Tallahassee interning for the Florida Senate during the legislative session.
She graduated cum laude from Stetson University College of Law where she was Marketing Editor for Stetson Law Review and a judicial intern for the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida.
Prior to joining Dean Mead, Michaela defended clients in hundreds of cases involving coverage disputes and personal injury claims under homeowners and automobile policies throughout Florida.
Prevailed at trial as second chair in a four-day defamation jury trial against a viral social media influencer with millions of online followers.
Obtained a seven-figure settlement on behalf of a world-renowned surgeon in a wrongful termination case against a national healthcare organization.
- Orange County Bar Association - Member
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers - Member
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, May 2019
- Honor Roll (Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2017, Spring 2018)
- Highest Grade Distinction, Family Law & International Tribunals
- Stetson Law Review, Marketing Editor
- Stetson Lawyers Association Scholarship (Spring 2017)
- Priscilla A. and Lawrence C. Adams Scholarship (Spring 2018, Spring 2019)
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies, August 2016
- Has litigated numerous construction defect cases and commercial landlord/tenant disputes.
- Defended insurance companies in hundreds of cases involving coverage and payment disputes under homeowners general liability policies.
- Assisted clients in defense of personal injury claims throughout Florida.
- Florida, 2019
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.