Dean Mead’s Estate and Succession Planning Department is one of the largest and most respected groups of estate planning attorneys in Florida. We are frequently…
About Michael D. Roy
Michael Roy assists in establishing charitable organizations and planning for incapacity and death. He works with families to help navigate the post-death administration of their loved ones’ estates.
He handles the traditional aspects of personal estate planning, including the preparation of revocable trusts, wills, and irrevocable trusts, and works closely with clients to plan for the succession of family businesses and wealth among generations in a tax efficient manner. Michael also advises clients in the implementation of estate plans following a person’s passing, including related probate and estate tax matters.
His practice extends to charitable organizations, particularly the establishment of tax-exempt status, annual income tax returns, solicitation of contributions registrations, and other charitable organization compliance matters.
Michael earned his law degree from Quinnipiac University School of Law with a concentration in Tax, where he served as a student practitioner counseling clients at Quinnipiac’s low-income taxpayer clinic. He also served as Treasurer of the Public Interest Law Project, an organization dedicated to raising funds to support law students working in public interest positions. During his time in law school, he earned awards for outstanding legal scholarship, excellence in clinical work and the highest grade in his Estate and Financial Planning course.
He has a Master of Laws degree in Estate Planning from the University of Miami’s Heckerling Graduate Program.
Helped the directors of several local charitable organizations complete the legal steps needed to set up their organizations.
- Indian River County Bar Association
- Kiwanis Club of Vero-Treasure Coast
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Estate Planning: University of Miami Heckerling Graduate Program, 2014
- Juris Doctor (J.D.): Quinnipiac University School of Law, Cum Laude, 2011 - Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal, Managing Associate Editor
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Cum Laude, 2011 - Public Interest Law Project, Treasurer
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Cum Laude, 2011 - Quinnipiac Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic, Student Practitioner
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Economics: University of Connecticut, Summa Cum Laude, 2008 - Babbage Scholar
- Bachelor of Arts in English and Economics: University of Connecticut, Summa Cum Laude, 2008 - Phi Beta Kappa, Member
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Outstanding Legal Scholarship Recipient
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, Excellence in Clinical Work
- Quinnipiac University School of Law Highest Grade Designation, Estate and Financial Planning course
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, International Legal Honor Society of Phi Delta Phi, member
- "Planning with Love: Planning Your Affairs for Your Aging and Passing," Gifford Legal Services Clinic (August 2023)
- Beyond the Digital Asset Dilemma: Will Online Services Revolutionize Estate Planning?, The Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal - 2011
- Florida, 2013
- Connecticut, 2011
- Volunteer: Kiwanis Youth in Action and annual Take a Kid Fishing Tournament
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.