Dean Mead’s Tax Department handles tax planning issues for businesses and individuals. The attorneys in our department have extensive experience in a full range of…
About John L. Wharton
John Wharton represents both public and private clients in cases from application creation to administrative litigation before state and federal agencies. He also practices general litigation in state and federal courts. He has over 30 years of experience in Tallahassee practicing before and often litigating against numerous state agencies in the areas of water resource planning; permitting and regulation; mitigation banking; bid protests and bid disputes; health care; utility law and utility regulation; professional regulation and environmental law.
John has represented clients before the Florida Public Service Commission, the Division of Administrative Hearings, the Department of Environmental Protection, the St. John’s River Water Management District, the Southwest Florida Water Management District, the South Florida Water Management District, the Agency for Health Care Administration, the Department of Financial Services, various boards within the Department of Professional Regulation, the Department of Health, the Florida Department of Lottery, and the Governor and Cabinet sitting as the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund, among others.
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.
- J.D.: Gonzaga University, Spokane, Washington, 1984
- Undergraduate Degree: B.A., Economics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1981
- Named an Outstanding Environmental & Land Use Attorney in Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite, 2016 and 2018
- Martindale Hubbell: AV® Rating
- The Florida Bar
- The U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- The U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- The State Bar of Georgia
- The U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- The Washington State Bar Association
- The U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington