Dean Mead’s Tax Department handles tax planning issues for businesses and individuals. The attorneys in our department have extensive experience in a full range of…
About John E. Moore, III
John is a frequent Continuing Legal Education and motivational speaker. He presents programs on practice management, personal development, charitable planning, as well as financial, taxation and estate planning matters to bar associations, law schools, law firms and charitable organizations throughout the United States.
A long-time member of the Vero Beach community, Mr. Moore was raised on the Treasure Coast and has been involved with a variety of organizations serving the community. His service to the community has been recognized with multiple community-wide service awards, including the Florida Bar President’s Award and the Florida Rural Legal Services Award for Pro Bono Service in the 19th Circuit. He currently serves as an Aircraft Commander in the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.
He is an AV-rated lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named to Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite in Wills, Trusts and Estates.
Successfully advised more than 1,500 families in the preparation of their estate and gifting plans.
In the course of administering estates for nearly 30 years, John has successfully estate tax, creditor and family issues ranging from the routine to the extraordinary.
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, 1991-1993 - Deputy Federal Housing Commissioner
- Indian River County Hospital District - Non-partisan elected trustee, 2003-2009
- Indian River County Affordable Housing Advocate
- Affordable Housing Advisory Commission to the Indian River County Board of County Commissioners
- Juris Doctor (J.D.): University of Virginia School of Law, 1986 - Student Bar Association, President
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) in Accounting: University of Notre Dame, Summa Cum Laude, 1982
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Rated
- Florida Trend Magazine Legal Elite, Estate, Wills and Trusts
- Florida Bar, President’s Award; Florida Rural Legal Services Award for Pro Bono Service in the 19th Circuit.
- University of Virginia School of Law, James C. Slaughter Award for an Outstanding Graduate, 1986
- Exchange Club of Vero Beach, Book of Golden Deeds, 2011
- Indian River Planned Giving Council, Pinnacle Award, 2010
- Indian River County Healthy Start Coalition, Community Volunteer of the Year Award, 2006
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Indian River County, Community Service Recognition, 2012
- United Way of Indian River County, The Ralph T. King Lifetime Service Award, 2009
- Samaritan Center, Good Samaritan of the Year, 2008
- United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, Auxiliarist of the Year, USCG Air Station Miami; USCG Auxiliary Commendation Medal
- Winning Numbers: Accounting and Finance for Lawyers - Full-day Continuing Legal Education program presented in more than 40 States and 2 Canadian Provinces
- The Lawyer’s Compass: Ethics and Trust in Modern Legal Practice - Full-day Continuing Legal Education program presented to lawyers and law schools
- Arthur Andersen & Co., Staff Accountant
- Florida, 1986
- District of Columbia, 1987 (currently inactive)
- Holy Cross Catholic Church - Established Community Service Ministry and Men’s Ministry
- Riverside Theatre, Director
- Vero Beach Museum of Art, Finance Committee
- Education Foundation of Indian River County, President and Director