Dean Mead’s Tax Department handles tax planning issues for businesses and individuals. The attorneys in our department have extensive experience in a full range of…
About Dennis G. Corrick
Dennis Corrick focuses on real estate law and has significant experience in transactions involving agricultural land and commercial properties, vacant and improved. He also assists our tax and litigation attorneys in transactions related to tax and estate planning and litigation.
Dennis is a member of Dean Mead’s Agribusiness Industry team and practices in the areas of commercial real estate, zoning and land use, and general business law. He has experience in every element of real estate purchase, ownership, governance and sale. In addition, he assists clients in land use and zoning matters, permitting and licensing, and in agreements governing the use of property such as covenants and restrictions, commercial and agricultural leases, easements and licenses.
Mr. Corrick has extensive experience working with issues unique to agricultural businesses and properties. These include conservation easements, grazing leases and matters related to water use and environmental permitting, as well as financing, operation, sale and purchase of farm and ranch properties.
He has represented one of the largest agricultural landowners in the country in acquisitions, sales and property management.
He has worked with agencies, families and individuals in transactions involving conservation easements, wetlands preserve easements and mitigation banks.
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.
- The Florida Bar - Business Law Section
- The Florida Bar - Environmental and Land Use Section
- The Florida Bar - Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Inc. – Fellow
- Florida Cattleman’s Association – Allied Member
- Florida Farm Bureau – Member
- Economic Council of Okeechobee - Member, 2009 – 2017
- Leadership St. Lucie XIX – Graduate
- Lincoln Park Academy, Student Advisory Council - Business Community Representative, 2009 - 2012
- St. Lucie County Agricultural Development - Steering Committee
- St. Lucie County Agricultural Development - Chair, 2007 – 2008 (County Commission Appointment)
- St. Lucie County Bar Association – Member
- St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors, 2005 – 2015
- Superintendent's Business Advisory Committee – Member, 2009 – Present (Superintendent Appointment)
- Juris Doctor: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, with honors, 1998
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Journalism: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1983
- Named one of St. Lucie County’s ‘Beautiful People’ in the area of community activism, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Kathryn Basile Champion for Children Award – Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County, 2015
- Chairman of the Board Award - United Way of St. Lucie County, 2008
- Community Impact Award - United Way of St. Lucie County, 2004-2005
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, Style and Drafting Committee; Student Staff Member, 1998
- 2017 University of Florida Law Public Interest Environmental Conference, Gainesville, Florida, February 10, 2017. Spoke on agricultural conservation easements.
- 2016 Regional Economic Summit for the Treasure Coast Region, Stuart, Florida. Spoke on the state of the agriculture industry on the Treasure Coast.
- 2014 Agriculture Module, Florida Earth Foundation, Panel Moderator: Case Studies in Innovative Public-Private Partnerships.
- Florida’s Numeric Nutrient Standards, Economic Council of Okeechobee, Okeechobee, Florida, July 10, 2013.
- 2013 Florida Legislative Update, Orlando, Florida, May 30, 2013; Port St. Lucie, Florida, June 19, 2013; Melbourne, Florida, June 26, 2013; and Gainesville, Florida, August 13, 2013.
- Negotiated a lease for building a wetland system for delivering environmental services in Highlands County.
- Represented a Fortune 200 company in obtaining a contract for municipal solid waste and in permitting and building a municipal solid waste transfer station.
- Negotiated terms of a Wetland Reserve Program (WRP) easement in Glades County.
- Obtained large consumptive use permit for strawberry farming in Highlands County, and negotiated lease.
- Participated (with Dean Mead Agribusiness Industry Team) in certification of portfolio of agricultural properties with certificated water and wastewater utility.
- Negotiated disbursed water storage (“water farming”) contract with water management district.
- Negotiated and closed contracts for sale of a portfolio of properties which included ranches in Okeechobee and St. Lucie Counties.
- Advised a large row crop farm on general day-to-day operations issues.
- Negotiated and closed a contract for the sale and purchase of a row crop farm in Suwannee County which included post-closing fertigation contracts with a neighboring dairy farm.
- Prepared grazing leases for properties in most of Florida’s agricultural regions.
- Negotiated and closed contracts for sale of property to the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD).
- Negotiated financing and security arrangements with large agricultural lenders and farm equipment providers.
- Peterson & Myers, Winter Haven, Florida, 1998-2000
- Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County – Member, 2008 – 2012 (Gubernatorial Appointment)
- United Way of St. Lucie County, Inc. - Board of Directors, 2002-2008
- United Way of St. Lucie County, Inc. - Chairman, 2006-2007