Dean Mead’s Tax Department handles tax planning issues for businesses and individuals. The attorneys in our department have extensive experience in a full range of…
About David P. Barker
David Barker focuses his practice on real estate law, including sales, purchases, and large scale development for residential, warehouse and commercial development, and commercial leasing. Mr. Barker represents national and regional home builders, developers and select individuals throughout the State of Florida in all phases of the acquisition, development and sale of real property. David is known for his ability to provide pragmatic and forward-thinking solutions, to guide his clients to successful business results.
Together with his team, he handles all transactional aspects of a deal, including contract preparation and negotiation, due diligence and title/survey review, deal structuring and joint development agreements, development agreements and closings.
Acted as purchaser’s counsel in the acquisition of a $55 million mixed-use development and the simultaneous sales of building sites for 1,000 apartments, 770,000 square feet of industrial space, 30,000 square feet of office space and 125,000 square feet of retail space.
Represents National and Regional Home Builders in acquisition of large scale development parcels throughout the state of Florida. Has helped acquire and develop over $750 Million of residential real estate over last 5 years.
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.
- Juris Doctor: The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, with honors, Columbus, Ohio, 1990: Elected to Order of the Coif, 1990, Articles Editor, Ohio State Law Review, 1988 and 1989, Published Student Note in Ohio State Law Journal, 50:4, 1989; and Public Law Anthology, Volume XIII, 1990
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science, The University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, magna cum laude, 1987: Peter C. Daneman Outstanding Political Science Graduate Award, 1987, Phi Eta Honor Society
- Board Certified in Real Estate Law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization since 2020
- Recognized as an Outstanding Lawyer in Real Estate Law in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013-2022
- Named Outstanding Real Estate Attorney in Orlando Magazine, 2013-2018
- Recognized as a Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2009, 2012 and 2013
- Martindale Hubbell: Preeminent AV Rating
- Acted as purchaser’s counsel in the acquisition of a $55 million mixed-use development and the simultaneous sales of building sites for 1,000 apartments, 770,000 square feet of industrial space, 30,000 square feet of office space and 125,000 square feet of retail space.
- Represents National and Regional Home Builders in acquisition of large scale development parcels throughout the state of Florida. Has helped acquire and develop over $750 Million of residential real estate over last 5 years.
- Represents developer of warehouse projects in acquisition, development, leasing, financing, and disposition of projects throughout Central Florida.
- “Short Sale Can Mean Higher Taxes, Write-Offs May Result in Surprises for Sellers”, published in BNA, Inc. Real Estate Law & Industry, Vol. 2 No. 25, 2009
- “Real Estate Downturn Causes Lawyers to Adapt – Transactional Attorneys Adjust Practices to Fit New Client Needs”, published in Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy, Vol. 21 No. 11, 2009
- “CAM Charges and the Fallacy of Controllable Costs”, published in Leasing and Business Opportunity Investor, Vol. 6 No. 11, 2008
- South Lake Animal League — Board of Directors