Dean Mead’s Tax Department handles tax planning issues for businesses and individuals. The attorneys in our department have extensive experience in a full range of…
About Alexander L. Van Heyde
Alexander Van Heyde is a commercial real estate attorney who focuses on complex transactions. He represents clients in all facets of the real estate cycle, including the acquisition, development, financing, and sale of commercial properties.
He has extensive experience representing owners and developers in the acquisition, development, and disposition of real estate, including mixed-use, industrial and multi-tenant retail projects. Alexander Van Heyde also frequently represents lenders and borrowers in negotiating, structuring and documenting real estate acquisition, development and construction financing, as well as working capital and general corporate loans.
Actively represents large corporate client in connection with the management of their commercial real estate portfolio, including the acquisition and disposition of properties and related lease and financing matters.
Represented buyer in the acquisition of various franchise restaurant development sites throughout the State of Florida.
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.
- The Florida Bar - Member - Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association - Member - Real Property Committee
- Downtown Orlando Partnership - Board of Directors
- Leadership Orlando Graduate, Class 93
- Leadership Ocala/Marion Class XXVII
- Juris Doctor: The University of Florida Levin College of Law, cum laude, Gainesville, Florida, 2013 - Florida Law Review - Research Editor
- Graduate Degree: Masters of Business Administration, with honors, Rollins College, Winter Park, Florida, 2010
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, Stetson University, Deland, Florida, 2005
- Recognized under Real Estate Law in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, 2023
- Represented owner of condominium building in the sale of various high-end condominium units.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of a mixed-use multi-tenant retail center in Central Florida.
- Represented buyer as local counsel in the acquisition of a 200 room hotel in Central Florida.
- Represented buyer in the acquisition of a multi-tenant distribution center in Central Florida.
- Represented various buyers in the acquisition of single tenant investment properties.
- Represented seller in the sale of a multi-tenant office building in North Florida.
- Represented seller in the sale and leaseback of a multi-tenant distribution center in South Florida.
- Represented various sellers in the sale of single tenant investment properties.
- Represented landlord of a mixed-use multi-tenant retail center in lease negotiations with various retail tenants.
- Represented landlord of a multi-tenant office building in lease negotiations with various commercial tenants.
- Represented landlord of a multi-tenant medical office building in lease negotiations with various professional tenants.
- Represented landlord of a multi-tenant distribution center in lease negotiations with various industrial tenants.
- Represented tenant in the negotiation of a build to suit lease for a 150,000 sq. ft. industrial building.
- Represented tenant in the negotiation of a lease for a 100,000 sq. ft. distribution center.
- Represented lender in the negotiation and documentation of various asset-based credit facilities, including a transaction involving credit facilities totaling $18MM to a large franchisee borrower.
- Represented borrower in the negotiation and documentation of a $3MM credit facility for the acquisition of a company.
- Represented borrower as local counsel in the documentation of a multi-state transaction secured by Florida real property.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida