Caleb G. HintonAssociate
Caleb Hinton practices in the firm’s Real Estate department. He focuses his practice on commercial real estate transactions that involve leasing and the representation of developers in the acquisition and development of commercial real estate properties.
Prior to joining Dean Mead, Caleb was an Associate at another law firm in Southwest Florida. He has experience representing clients in residential and commercial transactions, commercial lease negotiations, HOA/COA matters, and commercial real estate transactions. He handled real estate matters, including homeowners’ and condominium association governing documents, commercial and residential sales and leases, development, and survey matters. He also authored several blog articles focusing on timely real estate topics in Florida.
Professional and Civic Activities
United Way of Lee County - Reading Pals Program helping children in the local community.
Charitable and Pro Bono Service
Florida Rural Legal Services
Legal Services of North Florida (while in law school in Tallahassee, FL)
- Juris Doctor: Florida State University College of Law, cum laude, Tallahassee, Florida
- Student Bar Association
- Estate Planning and Elder Law Society – Treasurer
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Bachelor of Science, Criminology, magna cum laude, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- How/When Can I Get Double Rent From My Commercial Tenant? Blog article, October 30, 2019
- Potential Title Insurance Pitfalls When Transferring Property into a Trust or LLC, Blog article, July 23, 2019
- When Should I Ask for a Personal Guaranty for a Commercial Lease? Blog article, April 25, 2019
- Update: Business Rent Tax and the Discretionary Sales Tax, Blog article, February 19, 2019
- Can My Spouse Waive His/Her Homestead Rights in Florida? Blog article, November 29, 2018
- Business Rent Tax Further Reduced Beginning January 1, 2019, Blog article, September 5, 2018
- I Am Buying a Home with Someone Else, How Should I Take Title? Blog article, August 2, 2018
- My Commercial Tenant Quit Paying Rent, Now What? Blog article, May 1, 2018
- Appeals Court Hands Down a Win for Florida HOA, Blog article, January 16, 2018
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: The Effect on Homeowners, Blog article, January 11, 2018