Bringing Client Goals to Fruition with Substantial Relationships and Deep Knowledge Our Government Relations & Lobbying team blends strong knowledge with impactful relationships. In fact,…
About Robert W. Mead, Jr.
Mr. Mead is one of the founding shareholders of Dean Mead. He has 53 years of experience representing physicians and medical entities with business matters, including employment agreements, buy-sell agreements, negotiation of hospital contracts and related agreements involving physicians and healthcare relationships.
In 2007, Dean Mead supported a plan by the University of Central Florida’s College of Medicine to provide full scholarships for all 41 students in its inaugural class. Dean Mead endowed the first scholarship, naming it for Robert W. Mead, Jr. It serves as a fitting commemoration of the long standing tradition of outstanding legal service that has been provided to the medical community by Mr. Mead.
- American Bar Association: Tax Section - Professional Organizations Committee Past Chairman, Committee on Ethics and Professional Standards
- The Florida Bar: Professional Ethics Committee - Past Chairman, Vice Chairman, and Member; Standing Committee on Professionalism - Past Member; Tax Section, Professional Corporations Committee - Past Chairman and Executive Committee Member; Standing Committee on the Unlicensed Practice of Law - Past Member and Special Bar Counsel (Pension Matters); Business Law Section – Member; Health Law Section - Member
- Orange County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Inc. - Fellow
- Employee Benefits Council of Central Florida - Past President and Member
- Small Business Council of America - Past Member of Board of Directors
- University of Florida Law Center Association - Past Member of Board of Trustees
- Florida Heart Institute (an affiliate of Florida Hospital) – Past Member of Board of Trustees and Executive Committee
- Citrus Cub
- J.D.: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, cum laude, 1969, Order of the Coif
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, summa cum laude, 1967, Phi Beta Kappa
- Named an Outstanding Corporate and Employee Benefits Attorney in The Best Lawyers in America® in every edition, 1983 - 2024
- Named one of Orlando’s Best Attorneys by Orlando Magazine, 2006-2019, 2023
- Named Orlando Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2012 and 2021; Corporate Law, 2014
- Named as Outstanding Business Attorney in Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite, 2005 - 2010
- Named one of Orlando’s Best Corporate and Employee Benefits Attorneys by Orlando Magazine, 2006 - 2019
- Named an Outstanding Health Care Attorney in Orlando Business Journal’s Best of the Bar, 2005 - 2010
- Named an Outstanding Closely Held Business Attorney in Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, 2006 - 2007
- Martindale-Hubbell: Preeminent AV Rating
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.