Bringing Client Goals to Fruition with Substantial Relationships and Deep Knowledge Our Government Relations & Lobbying team blends strong knowledge with impactful relationships. In fact,…
About Brendan Hobbs
Brendan is a member of Dean Mead’s Tax and Employee Benefits teams, where he assists in the tax-efficient formation, acquisition, merger, sale, and dissolution of a number of corporate entities and nonprofit organizations. His experience specifically includes addressing complex transactions involving Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) as well as advising clients on tax qualified retirement plans and nonqualified plans of deferred compensation. He also works with the team to represent taxpayers in tax controversy matters involving the Internal Revenue Service. These matters afford him the opportunity to leverage his prior experience as a Judicial Law Clerk on the United States Tax Court.
A dual graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center, Brendan received his J.D. in 2021 and his LL.M. in Taxation, with distinction, in 2022. He also holds a certificate in Employee Benefits Law from Georgetown. For his undergraduate studies, Brendan attended the University of Alabama, where he was a walk-on member of the football program before graduating summa cum laude with a Bachelors in Political Science.
Represented C-suite executive of emerging tech company in evaluating potential tax implications of multi-million dollar equity compensation agreements
Represented personal service business in sale to private equity firm
Served as a Judicial Law Clerk for two judges on the United States Tax Court -- Primary drafter of opinions, as well as non-substantive orders and substantive orders disposing of motions for summary judgment
Brendan Hobbs News & Insights
- ESOP Association - Legislative and Regulatory Advisory Committee
- Florida Bar Tax Section
- University of South Florida, Muma College of Business, CEX Program, Advisory Board Member
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Taxation: Georgetown University Law Center, with distinction, 2022
- Certificate in Employee Benefits Law: Georgetown University Law Center, 2022
- J.D.: Georgetown University Law Center, 2021
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, The University of Alabama, summa cum laude, 2018
- "Use of ESOPs: Business Succession & Estate Planning for Corporate & LLC Owners", Financial Institution, May 4, 2023
- United States Tax Court
Let's Work Together
We would love to talk with you about how we may assist you. However, please know that contacting us through this page does not establish an attorney-client relationship; no attorney-client relationship will be established until you and we agree to representation. You should not send us any confidential information through contact from this page or until requested by the attorney, and we will not treat any information you choose to provide as confidential.