Dean Mead is excited to announce another year of sponsorship for the 2020 Saunders Real Estate “Lay of the Land Conference” beginning Thursday, February 27 at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland. The firm serves as a Gold Sponsor for the fourth consecutive year. Shareholder Michael Minton, will moderate a panel discussion on water policy and conservation. The two-day Conference is an annual gathering of landowners, policymakers, investors and other industry affiliates who want the most accurate, current data about the Florida land market. Guest speakers will share economic, market sales and regulatory expertise.
Conference Sessions Featuring Our Attorneys:
Water Law, moderated by Dean Mead’s Michael Minton and co-moderator Dean Saunders – with leaders of four water management districts, including:
- Drew Bartlett – South Florida WMD
- Brian Armstrong – Southwest Florida WMD
- Dr. Anne Shortelle – St. Johns River WMD
- Hugh Thomas – Suwannee River WMD
Other featured speakers and topics include:
- Kirk Globe, ALC, Broker, The Bell 5 Land Company
- Marian Johnson, Executive Director, Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Kevin Maggiacomo, President & CEO, SVN International Corporation
- Dean Saunders, Founder, Managing Director & Senior Advisor, SVN Saunders Ralston Dantlzer
- Mark Vitner, Managing Director & Senior Economist, Wells Fargo Securities, LLC
- Special General Session Panel – Water Management
- Breakout Sessions – International, Transportation, Landowner, Hemp
Guests will receive a copy of the exclusive Lay of the Land Market Report, which provides verified Florida sales data used to evaluate market trends and land values throughout the year. For more information on the event agenda, hotel accommodations, directions, etc. visit the event page.
About The Moderators:
Michael Minton is Chair of the firm’s Agribusiness and Solar Energy Industry Teams. He represents family businesses with an emphasis on generationally-owned agricultural businesses, and assists with their organizational structure, federal income, estate and gift tax planning, and business succession planning. Minton has extensive experience focusing on tax issues related to agribusiness, as well as water resource issues and new innovative uses of land for value-added propositions.
Dean Saunders, ALC, CCIM is Managing Partner & Senior Advisor at SVN | Saunders Ralston Dantzler Real Estate in Lakeland, Florida. He has 35 years of experience specializing in Florida land and conservation easements. Additionally, Saunders focuses on agricultural land, legacy ranches, recreational land, pastureland, citrus groves, timberland, conservation easements, and Florida land values & verified sales analysis. He is the producer of the Lay of the Land Florida Land Conference.
*The Lay of the Land Conference is organized and sponsored by Saunders Real Estate. It is offered to clients, landowners and related interests. This is the primary audience and space is limited. Saunders Real Estate respectfully asks that real estate brokers and licensed associates do not attend the event.