Please join Dean Mead at the 2019 Saunders Real Estate “Lay of the Land Conference” on March 28-29, 2019 at the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate. Dean Mead is pleased to not only be the conference’s Gold Sponsor this year but also to have two of our attorneys, Michael Minton and Steve Looney, as event guest speakers. The Lay of the Land Conference* is an annual gathering of landowners, policymakers, investors and other industry affiliates who want the most accurate, current data about the Florida land market. Guest speakers will share economic, market, sales and regulatory expertise.
Conference Sessions Featuring Our Attorneys:
- Michael Minton and Steve Looney will present “Opportunity Zones,” a conference session on Thursday, March 28 from 3-4 p.m. – Created as part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, Opportunity Zones are a federal economic development tool aiming to improve the outcomes of distressed communities around the country. Opportunity Zones are low-income census tracts that offer tax incentives to groups who invest and hold their capital gains in Zone assets or property.
- Michael Minton will also participate in “Estate Planning from the Trenches: Seasoned Attorneys Share Real-World Examples of What Not to Do,” which is session two on Thursday, March 28 from 4:15-5:15 p.m.
Other featured topics and speakers include:
- Deborah Tannenbaum, Deputy Commissioner of Agriculture, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Governor’s Environmental Agenda – Noah Valenstein, Secretary, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Holly Bell, Director of Cannabis, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Florida Economic Outlook – Dr. Jerry D. Parrish, Chief Economist and Director of Research, Florida Chamber Foundation
- Panel Discussion – Alternative Crops
- Economic Outlook – Kiernan “KC” Conway MAI, CRE, Chief Economist, CCIM Institute
- Florida Land Values – Dean Saunders, Broker/Owner, Coldwell Banker Commercial Saunders Real Estate
Coldwell Banker Commercial Saunders Real Estate experts will provide the most comprehensive report on actual Florida land values, not based on surveys or opinions, for ranchland, farmland, citrus groves, recreational land, timberland, residential development, transitional land, and conservation easements. Guests will receive the latest edition of the Lay of the Land Market Report revealing verified Florida land sales data for 2018.
Date and Time
Begins at 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 28, 2019, and ends at 2 p.m. on Friday, March 29, 2019.
About Dean Mead’s Speakers:
Attorneys Michael Minton and Steve Looney have extensive knowledge about Opportunity Zones. Within the past 12 months, they have been invited to multiple conferences to speak about the topic, as well as authoring articles about ir, which include:
- “Qualified Opportunity Zones – Recent IRS Proposed Regulations” is a comprehensive article by Steve Looney and can be read here.
- “FINDING YOUR ZONE – Florida’s Opportunity Zones Confirmed” is co-authored by Michael Minton. It is available here.
*The Lay of the Land Conference is organized and sponsored exclusively by Saunders Real Estate. It is offered to clients, landowners and related interests. This is the primary audience and space is limited. Saunders Real Estate respectfully asks that real estate brokers and licensed associates do not attend the event.