Dean Mead kicked-off the statewide Tax Cuts & Jobs Act seminar series last week at the Country Club of Orlando with nearly 200 people in attendance. Please refer to the video presentations below to view the two sessions that were held during the seminar. In addition, we have also included copies of the presentation outlines & slides for your review.
Please access the materials here:
The Tax and Estate & Succession Planning attorneys covered a range of topics during the two sessions including:
Highlights of the income tax portion of the presentation:
- Background information on how and why the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “Act”) was enacted
- Changes under the Act primarily affecting individual taxpayers
- Changes affecting businesses, with additional discussion of the impact on passthrough entities (S corporations, partnerships, LLCs and sole proprietorships), choice of entity for conducting business and the impact of the new Act on real estate related activities
- Changes applicable to C corporations (other than changes in the international arena)
Provisions of the new Act relating to estate planning:
- Their impact on existing estate plans and what you and your clients should be doing right now
- Planning for clients across the wealth spectrum
- Taking advantage of the increased transfer tax exemptions
- Income tax changes for estates and trusts
The next program in the Tax seminar series will be held on Thursday, February 15th from 11:15 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in Brevard County at the beautiful Nyami Nyami River Lodge at the Brevard Zoo. To RSVP, please go to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact the attorneys in our Tax department https://www.deanmead.com/practice-areas/tax/
and the Estate and Succession Planning department. https://www.deanmead.com/practice-areas/estate-and-succession-planning/