Show Original
Hand holding passport

Immigration Law

see attorneys

Choose your language:


Immigration law has a reputation for being one of the most complex and confusing areas of law. Considering that the federal laws are constantly changing, it is no wonder that the area of law requires the attention of an experienced, knowledgeable, and competent attorney. If you are considering coming to the United States as a temporary visitor, or if you desire to establish permanent residency in America, do not try to handle these matters by yourself. With the assistance of Catherine R. Henin-Clark, we can help your greatest dreams regarding immigration be realized.

Catherine Henin-Clark is Board Certified in Immigration Law by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization. Few attorneys have this accreditation with the Florida Bar, which means that she is one of few lawyers who can call herself an expert and a specialist in immigration law. Are you looking for an immigration lawyer who truly knows the law and has a proven success record? Please contact Ms. Henin-Clark at


In order for an individual to qualify for asylum, there are several requirements that an asylum seeker must prove in order to have an asylum application approved. Typically, one must prove that they have suffered from past persecution or has a fear of being persecuted in the future. Being approved for asylum permits an individual to remain in the United States lawfully for an indefinite period of time and allows the individual to apply for permanent residency after one year.

Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)
With the recent demise of the Defense of Marriage Act, or DOMA, same-sex couples are now treated equally as their heterosexual couple counterparts. As a result, equal rights immigration laws allow same-sex couples to seek permanent status and citizenship in the United States. Because immigration law is complex, however, same-sex couples may still face challenges in their immigration processes.

Deportation Defense
Immigrants can face many legal challenges in America. Many different actions can result in grounds for deportation if you are not careful, and will need the immediate attention of a legal professional. Things such as criminal offenses, immigration law violations, or homeland security crimes can all trigger deportation or removal proceedings for you or a loved one.

Extraordinary Ability Visa
A significant part of our practice at the firm includes extraordinary ability visas (O-1 visas). If you are a non-immigrant with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, athletics, or business, we can assist you and help ensure that your process produces satisfactory results. As an individual with special talents or capabilities, you deserve to utilize your skills in the best possible environment to cultivate your talent and share it with the world.

Green Cards
One of the most common ways to establish citizenship in the United States is by establishing permanent residency in the United States. By attaining a green card, immigrants can gain permanent resident status, making naturalization and citizenship much easier to obtain. It is encouraged that you enlist the help of an immigration lawyer in order to become a green card holder.

I-9 Compliance
All employers in the United States must verify that new employees have properly and fully completed I-9 forms after being hired for employment. I-9 forms apply to citizens and non-citizens alike. One of the greatest errors in completing I-9 forms, however simple they may be, is incorrect completion or missing signatures. To ensure your documentation is correct and to avoid I-9 penalties, consult a lawyer.

Immigrant Visas
There are many types of immigrant visas. To be eligible to apply for an immigrant visa, immigrants must usually first be sponsored by a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or U.S. prospective employer. If you are considering petitioning for an immigrant visa, it is wise to seek the legal counsel of an attorney first.

Naturalization / Citizenship
The process of naturalization and citizenship can be extremely time consuming, but for many immigrants, trying to obtain citizenship through naturalization in America is a personal lifetime goal. Lawful green card holders can pursue citizenship after at least five years of established permanent residency. A successful naturalization process can result in citizenship for an individual, but it involves an interview, examinations, and paperwork. Enlisting in the help of an attorney from the firm can greatly reduce the stress and time it takes to successfully complete the process.

Non-Immigrant Visas
Non-immigrant visas apply to individuals who wish to visit the United States on a temporary basis. For some, this may apply to international travelers who wish to visit America. A non-immigrant visa allows visa holders to travel to U.S. ports-of-entry, but does not necessarily allow entry into the United States. If you need a temporary visa for travel, medical treatment, business, education, or temporary work, a lawyer can help the visa application process move along much smoother!


We don’t recommend that you walk into a courtroom or immigration office without the accompaniment of an experienced, knowledgeable, and skilled immigration attorney. Our attorneys and support staff have an impressive track record of success and have helped many immigrants attain their final goals, objectives, and dreams in regards to their immigration issues. With more than 25 years of legal experience, we can be trusted with your immigration matters, no matter how big or how small.

We know how important a successful immigration process is for you and your family. From the moment you speak with one of our attorneys to the final outcome of your legal matter, you can trust that we will be alongside you every step of the way. Please contact Catherine Henin-Clark to schedule your initial case evaluation with an immigration attorney from our firm.

We have proudly served immigrants and non-immigrants throughout the United States and in the areas of Winter Park, Orlando, and Miami in Florida, as well as Chicago, New York City, and Los Angeles. If your native language is French or Spanish, we can provide you with legal counsel while speaking your language!

See All Articles About Immigration