Dennis G. CorrickShareholder
Office: Fort Pierce
Mr. Corrick is a member of Dean Mead’s Agribusiness Industry team, and practices in our Treasure Coast office. He practices in the areas of commercial real estate, zoning and land use, and general business law. He has experience in every element of real estate purchase, ownership, governance and sale. In addition, he assists clients in land use and zoning matters, permitting and licensing, and in agreements governing the use of property such as covenants and restrictions, commercial and agricultural leases, easements and licenses.
Mr. Corrick has extensive experience working with issues unique to agricultural businesses and properties. These include conservation easements, grazing leases and matters related to water use and environmental permitting, as well as financing, operation, sale and purchase of farm and ranch properties.
Additional Representative Experience
- Negotiated a lease for building a wetland system for delivering environmental services in Highlands County.
- Represented a Fortune 200 company in obtaining a contract for municipal solid waste and in permitting and building a municipal solid waste transfer station.
- Negotiated terms of a Wetland Reserve Program (WRP) easement in Glades County.
- Obtained large consumptive use permit for strawberry farming in Highlands County, and negotiated lease.
- Participated (with Dean Mead Agribusiness Industry Team) in certification of portfolio of agricultural properties with certificated water and wastewater utility.
- Negotiated disbursed water storage (“water farming”) contract with water management district.
- Negotiated and closed contracts for sale of a portfolio of properties which included ranches in Okeechobee and St. Lucie Counties.
- Advised a large row crop farm on general day-to-day operations issues.
- Negotiated and closed a contract for the sale and purchase of a row crop farm in Suwannee County which included post-closing fertigation contracts with a neighboring dairy farm.
- Prepared grazing leases for properties in most of Florida’s agricultural regions.
- Negotiated and closed contracts for sale of property to the South Florida Water Management District (SFWMD).
- Negotiated financing and security arrangements with large agricultural lenders and farm equipment providers.
Professional and Civic Activities
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Environmental and Land Use Section
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- The Florida Bar Foundation, Inc. – Fellow
- Florida Cattleman’s Association – Allied Member
- Florida Farm Bureau – Member
- Economic Council of Okeechobee - Member, 2009 – 2017
- Leadership St. Lucie XIX – Graduate
- Lincoln Park Academy, Student Advisory Council - Business Community Representative, 2009 - 2012
- St. Lucie County Agricultural Development Steering Committee
- Chair, 2007 – 2008 (County Commission Appointment)
- St. Lucie County Bar Association – Member
- St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors, 2005 – 2015
- Superintendent's Business Advisory Committee – Member, 2009 – Present (Superintendent Appointment)
Charitable and Pro Bono Service
- Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County – Member, 2008 – 2012 (Gubernatorial Appointment)
- United Way of St. Lucie County, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2002-2008
- Chairman, 2006-2007
- Juris Doctor: University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, with honors, 1998
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Journalism: University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1983
Prior Legal Experience
- Peterson & Myers, Winter Haven, Florida, 1998-2000
Recognition & Awards
- Named one of St. Lucie County’s ‘Beautiful People’ in the area of community activism, 2013, 2014 and 2015
- Kathryn Basile Champion for Children Award – Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County, 2015
- Chairman of the Board Award - United Way of St. Lucie County, 2008
- Community Impact Award - United Way of St. Lucie County, 2004-2005
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission, Style and Drafting Committee; Student Staff Member, 1998
- 2017 University of Florida Law Public Interest Environmental Conference, Gainesville, Florida, February 10, 2017. Spoke on agricultural conservation easements.
- 2016 Regional Economic Summit for the Treasure Coast Region, Stuart, Florida. Spoke on the state of the agriculture industry on the Treasure Coast.
- 2014 Agriculture Module, Florida Earth Foundation, Panel Moderator: Case Studies in Innovative Public-Private Partnerships.
- Florida’s Numeric Nutrient Standards, Economic Council of Okeechobee, Okeechobee, Florida, July 10, 2013.
- 2013 Florida Legislative Update, Orlando, Florida, May 30, 2013; Port St. Lucie, Florida, June 19, 2013; Melbourne, Florida, June 26, 2013; and Gainesville, Florida, August 13, 2013.
- Solar Farm Leasing Article Published in Farm Credit LEADER
- Loans Available to Growers Through Citrus Emergency Loan Program
- WOTUS Rule Appeal: EPA Seeks Comments on Rule
- Proposed Grove Land Reservoir and Stormwater Treatment Area Project
- Funds Available for Agricultural Export Marketing Plans (AEMP)
- Preserving Your Power: 10 Tips for Negotiating a Solar Farm Lease
- 31st Annual Environmental Permitting Summer School
- Florida’s New Comprehensive Water Policy: “Think Globally, Act Locally”
- Floating Aquatic Vegetative Tilling: Can We Put Water-Hyacinths to Good Use?
- 19th Annual ‘Beautiful People’ List Recognizes Dennis Corrick
- Must-reads to Understand Florida and its Water
- Florida Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam Sees Promising Future
- Sixth Circuit Stays Enforcement of EPA WOTUS Rule
- Dennis Corrick Awarded Kathryn Basile Champion for Children Award
- EPA’s New Clean Water Rule
- To Save Water, Let it Meander
- Dean Mead Works with Local, Regional and State Leaders to Resolve Florida’s Water Issues
- TAP Citrus Greening Program
- Developments Relating to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Agribusiness Update: FARM BILL
- Congress Approves Five-Year FARM BILL
- Dennis Corrick Named One of St. Lucie County’s ‘Beautiful people’
- Recent USDA Citrus Greening Strike Force
- Abandoned Grove Abatement Initiative
- “Florida Legislative Update” Series Kicks Off on May 30 in Orlando
- Draft Plans for Conservation of Florida Fish & Wildlife Species
- Florida Legislature Approves HB 713 Removing Limitation on Water Quality Credit Trading
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) Introducing New Action Plans for Florida Species
- Florida Senate Bill Puts Agriculture at the Table for Water Supply Planning
- Dean Mead Agribusiness News Alert: “Implementation of Florida’s Numeric Nutrient Standards”
- Two Processes Underway Regarding the Okeechobee Watershed
- SFWMD Conducts Comprehensive Land Assessment Process
- Ruling on Numeric Nutrient Standards in Florida’s Waterways
- Dean Mead Partners with St. Lucie County EDC to Host “2012 Florida Legislative Update”
- Important Information about HB 7117 – “Florida’s Energy Bill”
- Secretary of the Interior Establishes Everglades Headwaters NWR
- ERC’s Approval of Florida’s Water Quality Standards
- EarthJustice Files Suit to Prevent Proposed DEP Response to EPA Standards
- Draft Land Protection Plan for the Proposed Everglades Headwaters National Wildlife Refuge
- Update on the EPA Numeric Nutrients Standards
- Changes to Sand Skink Survey Protocol Impacting Property Owners in Interior Central Florida
- Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program
- THE EFFECT OF CITRUS CANKER ON THE DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SALE AND PURCHASE OF COMMERCIAL AND RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE