David A. GunterShareholder
Office: Viera / Melbourne
Mr. Gunter has more than 30 years of diverse experience in administrative and governmental law, business litigation, environmental law, and trust and estate litigation. He joined Dean Mead in 2001, after 11 years of practicing law in South Florida, and 10 years in Indiana. Geographically, David practices throughout the State of Florida in both state and federal courts. He represents individuals, business owners and businesses of all sizes and types.
Additional Representative Experience
Mr. Gunterâ€™s representative past engagements include:
- Prosecution and defense of will and trust contests on behalf of beneficiaries, trustees, personal representatives, and family members.
- Breach of contract claims of all types and sizes.
- Construction defect and delay claims on behalf of owners, general contractors, subcontractors and materialmen.
- Disputes among shareholders, partners and managers in closely held businesses who are no longer able to work together.
- Prosecution and defense of claims arising under non-compete agreements, including claims for tortious interference, theft of trade secrets, civil theft, conversion and unfair competition.
- Prosecution and defense of construction lien claims,
- Insurance coverage disputes on behalf of insureds and insurers under all types on policies.
- Commercial and construction arbitration.
- Prosecution and defense of claims arising under state and federal environmental laws.
- Prosecution and defense of claims relating to pesticide use and application.
- Real estate litigation, including boundary disputes, quiet title actions, and access issues such as easements and ways of necessity.
- Defense of labor and employment claims, including claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Representation of businesses and individuals in disputes with state and local governments, including regulatory and enforcement matters, as well as rulemaking.
- Disputes arising from unlawful or tortious use of the internet, including defamation, disparagement, trade name infringement, tortious interference, improper domain names and improper use of metatags.
- Election law.
- Formal and informal proceedings before the State of Florida Division of Administrative Hearings.
- Defense of toxic tort and product liability claims.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Brevard County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Florida Bar Foundation â€“ Fellow
- American Bar Association -
- Law Practice Management Section
- Litigation Section
- Space Coast Tiger Bay Club â€“ President, 2011-2012
- Juris Doctorate: Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 1980
- S.B.: Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1977
- U.S. District Courts:
- Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Western District of Tennessee
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Courts of Appeal:
- Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eleventh Circuits
Prior Legal Experience
- Beers Mallers Backs & Salin, Fort Wayne, Indiana, 1998-2001
- Cromer, Eaglesfield & Maher, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1991-1997
- Holland & Knight, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 1986-1991
- Edwards & Angell, Palm Beach, Florida, 1983-86
- Sparber, Shevin, Rosen, Shapo & Heilbronner, P.A., Miami, Florida, 1980-1983
Prior Business Experience
- Environmental Engineer/Consultant prior to legal career
Recognition & Awards
- Florida Super Lawyers - Business Litigation, 2006
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Rating
- Preview of the 2013 Florida Legislative Session, published in Dean Mead "News & Views" e-Newsletter, February 28, 2013
- Pesticides and Community Right-to-Know (PDF 467 K)
- Pesticides and the Law (PDF 1526K)
- Pesticide and Material Safety Data Sheets (PDF 1439K)
- Pesticides and Environmental Site Assessment (PDF 3013K)
- Pesticides and Planning for Emergencies (PDF 1295K)
- Farm Truck Accidents: Considering Your Liability Management Options (16M)