Catherine Henin-ClarkSenior Counsel
Choose your language:
Catherine Henin-Clark is the Chair of Dean Mead’s Immigration Law practice group. Drawing from more than 29 years of experience, Ms. Henin-Clark’s practice focuses on nonimmigrant (temporary) and immigrant (permanent/”green card”) visa petitions and applications on behalf of investors, intra-company transferees, extraordinary ability professionals, athletes, artists and scientists, and other skilled foreign professionals and their US employers. This includes E, H, L, O, P, R nonimmigrant visas and EB-1, EB-2, PERM, EB-3 employment based immigrant applications. She also represents investors of all continents with the EB-5 (direct and Regional Centers) immigrant investor visa process.
Ms. Henin-Clark also represents U.S. employers in connection with immigration-related regulatory compliance proceedings (employment eligibility verification, I-9 audits, E-verify).
Ms. Henin-Clark often undertakes humanitarian cases such as asylum cases, I-601 waivers, 212d(3) waivers, and represents individual facing removal proceedings before the Immigration Court. She also represents individuals in family related matters and naturalization (U.S. citizenship) applications.
Ms. Henin-Clark was born in Madagascar and raised in Paris, France. Prior to immigrating to the United States, Ms. Henin-Clark graduated Valedictorian from the prestigious Paris Pantheon-Assas University and was admitted to the Paris Bar Association. She then pursued her studies in the United States, obtaining her law degree from Stetson University College of Law and admitted to The Florida Bar within two years.
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- The Florida Bar
- Board of Legal Specialization Certification Committee, Chair and Committee Member (2005-2010)
- Juris Doctor: Stetson University College of Law, Tampa, Florida, 1987
- M Master of Laws: University of Paris II, Paris, France, Maitrise en Droit Prive, 1982
- Florida, 1987
- Paris, France, 1984
Prior Legal Experience
- Catherine R. Henin-Clark, P.A. (1998 – 2017)
- Holland & Knight (1996 – 1998)
- Maguire, Voorhis & Wells, P.A. (1992 – 1996)
- Bogins, Munns & Munns, P.A. (1990 – 1992)
Recognition & Awards
- Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization, 1995
- Recognized among the Top Women Lawyers in Orlando, Orlando Home & Leisure Magazine, 2011
- Martindale-Hubbell: Preeminent AV Rating
- Guest speaker on the topic of U.S. Immigration Law, Radio J, France, February 2017
- Guest speaker on the topic of U.S. Immigration Law, Radio France, May 2016
- Guest speaker on the topic of Immigration Reform, HALSA Symposium, Florida A&M University, 2013
- Guest speaker on the topic of I-9 Compliance, Orange County Bar Association, 2002
- Panel moderator for the AILA Central Florida Chapter Conference, Consular Processing vs. Adjustment of Status, 2002
- Guest speaker on the topic of EB-1-1 Extraordinary Ability visas at the Central Florida AILA Chapter Conference, 1995
- Journal France Amerique, 1995
- Do You Know Your Rights? Steps Your Company Should Take During an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Worksite Raid
- EB-5 Regional Center Program Extended Through December 8, 2017
- Catherine Henin-Clark Contributes Pro Bono Services to Orlando’s Latino Community
- How Does President Trump’s Termination of DACA Impact Young Immigrants?
- Catherine Henin-Clark Attends ALFA International European Conference in Norway